Here’s the situation :
- You only hold 200.000 rupiahs in your wallet.
- You need to pay for about 570.000 rupiahs for Goethe’s Examination
- and you just buy electronic gadget from online so you need to transfer some money for about 317.000 rupiahs
- Your Passbook is not with you. For my case, it’s there, at Bontang. So all you can do is only go to the ATM and do the payment then withdraw some amounts of money
so you go to the ATM, insert your ATM card, and suddenly, this one appears :
Sorry, Your ATM card is expired. Please contact…blah..blah…blah…
Don’t worry, that’s not the end of the world. haha… 😛
I just got that experience 2 days ago. Fortunately, my bank is Mandiri Bank and it’s close to my campus and my dorm. And it’s close to the police station. Police station? What for? here’s the story.
So, I went to the bank and directly queued at the customer service area. I told the officer about my condition, well, not that paying part things, but the part that i left my passbook at Bontang (how great i am, huh?!). And he said, ” just go to the police station, tell them that you lost your passbook and ask them to make a lost letter for you.” Huh? i didn’t lose my passbook, i just left it. “Don’t worry, we’re just pretending,” he said. Ok, then, great! i Love pretending! huahahah!! and the nearest Police Station is only about 500 meters from the bank (for you who lives in Bandung, yeah, It’s from Mandiri Siliwangi to the Police Station Coblong at Sangkuriang).
At the police station, i saw so many people queuing for the same reason with me, asking for the lost letter. So many lost we got here, huh? I waited for about 20 minute until it’s my turn. I told the police that i lost my passbook, and he asked me my identity card, and asked some questions about how i lost my passbook. Yes, pretending. assume. 😛 The process is just that simple. We will receive the lost letter immediately after he typed it on his computer. After that, i went back to the bank again to do the next process.
So, at the bank, i queued again! Day of queuing i guess that day…I got queue number 52. And, it was stuck when it’s 51. oh, damn! So, i waited for another 20 minutes until one of the customer service open it’s service – ___ -” . But, it’s just unexpectedly simple. here what i did :
- Filled the form for asking the new card.
- You’ll be asked which type your card that you want (it depends on how big amount you can withdraw). Then you’ll be asked whether you want your name written on it or not. Because i need it in hurry, i asked the officer to make it without my name written on it. If you want your name written on your ATM card, you need to wait for about 2 weeks! no no no…no time for that!
- Then you wait. Yeah, you wait for the officer processing your card. They will ask a permission to the bank where your account was made, in my case, it’s in Bontang. Then, the bank representative from Bontang will call you and confirm to you that you wanna make a new card. You only have to wait for about 1 hour or less. until your card’s ready! yaayy!! Simple huh?
While i waited for the card’s making process, the officer offered me to open a deposit account. You know , it’s for a long-term savings. She told me about everything, how to make it, and how if something something happened….and, i agreed! hahaha! as usual, suddenly, randomly, i have my own deposit account for long-term savings! but, for a start, i only do it for a year and the bank will automatically withdraw 100.000 rupiahs from my other saving account, the regular one. And, besides that, i have my own life insurance! wow…so, the bank will give us another advantage if we opened that deposit account.
Then, here i am. Having a new ATM card, Deposit account, and a Life Insurance for within 2 hours without any plans about that before 😆